martedì 13 gennaio 2015

My first days in Tunis: an English summary

Here we go with a new English post, to all my foreign friends. But first of all, excuse me for being so late with it: my internet connection is awful!

I arrived in Tunis one week ago, and the first interaction with my house was actually pretty shocking. The flat is composed of five bedrooms, one sort-of-bathroom and one sort-of-kitchen. Oh, we have a veranda too, but I will talk about it in a later post. Anyway, I chose the smaller room, and most of all the one which had been closed for months. Result: making the bed I found an adorable dead mouse wrapped in the blanket. Luckily it was a mouse and not a rat, at least. You can see some photos of the house (not of the mouse XD) here.

Anyway, after tiding up the house we went sightseeing. My flatmates and I went first to the city center, in particular to the very French Avenue Habib Bourguiba and then to the tourist suq. Pictures here.
Then we went to Sidi Bou Said, a small village a few kilometres far from Tunis named after a religious figure, Bou Said. Known for being a town of artists, Sidi Bou Said is now mainly a touristic place, with its famous pottery and its gorgeous (even if rather expensive) cafés. Even if it is, most of all, one of my favourite places in the world, for its beauty and for all the happy memories related with it. Pictures here.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento